Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Unopposed No Longer

I'd like to formally welcome Stephen Hemingway into the District 5 race. I received confirmation today that he has filed as a write-in candidate. I have met Stephen a couple of times over the years and have interacted with him several more times on social media. I look forward to engaging with him on the campaign trail and hope that he livens up the discussion.

Photo from LinkedIn.com

Stephen ran for the District 5 seat four years ago and also applied for the vacancy earlier this Spring.

I encourage all of you to learn more about Stephen and his ideas for improving Provo.

I wasn't able to find a campaign site for him, but he has added a few public posts about his write-in campaign on his personal Facebook page. You can see them if you have a Facebook account. Consider liking his posts. He is inviting voters to meet with him at various "Meet the Candidate" events.

I found this candidate profile that was done by the Daily Herald last time that he ran.

It appears that he has three LinkedIn profiles that have more information about him. And here is his profile on www.utahrealestate.com.

Welcome Stephen Hemingway. I'm grateful for your willingness to run for a spot on the Council and the choice that it offers the voters of District 5. I look forward to a clean, civil, issues-based race.

No comments:

Post a Comment