Thursday, June 18, 2015

An Endorsement...of Sorts

I received an endorsement of sorts from Jason Christensen. Jason is a candidate for the City-Wide Council seat and is a moderator and lead poster in the "Conservative Our Provo" Facebook group. Back on June 6th, shortly before the filing period ended, Jason posted a call for people to step up and run for office in the then-uncontested races. He ended his opening paragraph with this sentence: "Lastly we need someone against David Harding, he may be an independent thinker at times but he is still a leftist in his ideology."

I appreciate his assessment of my independence. I do try hard to look at each issue separately and try to be swayed by the facts and not by the advocates or critics. I do have to disagree, though, with his characterization of my ideology. Like most people, I find my own ideology quite reasonable and logical. It's everyone else's ideology that is too far to the left or too far to the right. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm sure there are many issues that Jason and I would agree on, and I'm sure that there are many that we could have fun debating. I hope to have a few conversations with him out on the campaign trail.

I've been meaning to post some substantive material up on this site about my views on issues and vision for the City and District 5. They will be coming soon. It just that it's far more fun to write these whimsical posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment